    Are these Corsair sticks running at a too high rate 3500 instead of the
    usual 3200 and 437Mhz instead of the usual 400Mhz so the mobo can't cope?????
    Or can I adjust something so I can run all 4 sticks???

    Guest, Feb 9, 2006

  2. You shouldn't have this problem with 4 sticks, so contact ASUS. But first,
    make sure there isn't an updated BIOS for that motherboard. Also double
    check that the problem isn't specific to any one of the memory sticks by
    swapping them around in the 3 stick configuration.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 9, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm a bit confused about something. Unless you went into the BIOS steup and
    changed the FSB (HTT in ASUS lingo) to something other than 200 MHz, the RAM
    is still running at 400 MHz (since its DDR). The RAM is RATED at 433 MHz.
    Have you overclocked the HTT to 433 MHz?

    Normally, I'd suspect your PSU, but given that your motherboard is so new,
    I'm assuming that you have a comparable, high quality, high wattage PSU.
    Here's some things that I would suggest. Go into the BIOS and change the CPC
    (command per clock) for all the RAM sticks from 1T to 2T. If they are already
    at 2T, you're okay. Sometimes, when you have 4 sticks of RAM installed, you
    can't run them at 1T. Second, download a monitor program (like Everest
    evaluation version or Sandra) and see what your voltages are. You could also
    test the RAM with the program RAMtester (Google it, you'll find a bunch of
    download sites), but given how unstable Windows is, you don't seem to have
    that luxury.

    I'm very interested in your problem, since I have a similar hardware setup
    and I was thinking replacing my 5 Corsair 512MB RAM sticks with the 3500's.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2006