    I was hoping to use the Hub to connect all my peripherals such as
    printer and modem...

    Thanking you in advance...

    Kosta, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Kosta

    Maze Guest

    The USB hub splits the USB port into 2/4 etc. The total data rate that you
    can send through the USB port does not change however. USB hubs are better
    for devices either with a low amount of data transfer, or devices that will
    not be used simultaneously.
    If you're on broadband, the modem will pretty much tie up the USB port data
    rate completely, and should really have it's own port. You should be able to
    get away with the camera and a printer, as long as they are not used at the
    same time.
    One thing I've just thought, though. If your pc sees the camera as a
    removable drive, it might cause problems if other devices are trying to send
    data throught the same USB port.
    It might work, but if you have a spare USB, give the camera it's own port -
    probably easier in the long run

    A bit of a ramble i'm afraid, but I may have been some help????? (probably
    not!)

    Maze

    Maze, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Kosta

    Charles Guest

    Watch for problems with printers sharing a USB port. I have had lots
    of trouble with them. A hub still counts as one port. The printers
    locked up the port. I added a card to get more ports, that works.

    Charles, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Kosta

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 25 Feb 2004 14:40:08 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    Can't say, never hooked it up to a hub.
    Shouldn't be a big deal. get a card reader. At times with rebates they are
    almost free. The hassle and the battery life you save will be worth it,
    IMO.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Kosta

    Frank ess Guest

    Before I got converted and began using a card-reader, I had success using
    the camera-to-computer connection through a USB hub.

    Frank ess, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Kosta

    George Guest

    Another consideration is that many USB devices draw power from their USB
    connection and some USB hubs don't supply enough. I ran into this problem
    with a Logitech webcam on my daughter's PC that I moved from a USB port on
    the PC to a USB port on a hub.

    George

    George, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Kosta

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Make sure the hub the OP buys is Powered and provides at least 100ma per
    port (most do).

    Lucas Tam, Feb 26, 2004