USB connect two computers?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dugie, May 8, 2005.

  1. Dugie

    Dugie Guest

    I have a USB cable with identical ends. E.g.., both ends are able to fit
    into the PC's USB port.

    Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?

    Dugie, May 8, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Dugie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim, May 8, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Dugie

    Parko Guest

    Dugie wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:
    Yup. With the right drivers and OS.
    "Prolific manufacture a range of USB chips, including the PL2301 and PL2302
    devices that allow two USB host controllers to be linked, providing a
    simple point to point link at up to 5Mbps. This driver supports both PL2301
    andPL2302 chips.

    Aserton, Bencent, Butterfly, Camtel, Longshine, Prolific, Share Plus, SIIG,
    StarMount, Swann, Univex, USBdevices and VVMer cables are all known to use
    the PL2301 or PL2302 chips. Entrega, Xircom and Belkin adapters do not use
    Prolific chips and are not supported by this driver."
    Parko, May 8, 2005
  4. Dugie


    Aug 1, 2011
    Likes Received:

    Hi, do you have any idea where to get a usb cable that has identical ends if so please tell me where
    astonlaw, Aug 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.