    your USB and firewire cards use, and if they are changable should I run into
    another conflict with another card in my my computer - thanks - any
    suggestions on USB / Firewire add on cards would be helpful

    don, Aug 9, 2005

  2. don

    Ghostrider Guest

    What operating system? For instance, IRQ-sharing might be
    less of a problem with Windows XP than Windows 98. But there
    could be other issues, especially if the sound card is a
    legacy one, particularly an ISA version. In this computer,
    IRQ 9 is shared amongst a Turtle Beach Montego II sound card,
    an Intel Pro/100+ NIC and an USB Universal Host Controller.
    No evident conflicts.

    As for USB and Fireware add-on peripheral cards, my preference
    is Adaptec.

    Ghostrider, Aug 9, 2005