    Most new cameras use USB2 for higher speed.

    If speed isn't an issue, would a USB2 camera be backward compatible
    with a USB 1 port?

    phk, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Yes....

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Nov 22, 2005

  3. phk

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Yes.

    Paul Rubin, Nov 22, 2005
  4. phk

    Dave Cohen Guest

    In theory yes, however, not all earlier machines seem to work. Probably 1.1
    wasn't as well implemented in earlier bios's. You can always get a card
    reader.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Nov 22, 2005
  5. phk

    Bill Guest

    Yes, USB 2.0 high speed is the fastest format, and it's compatible with
    all previous USB connection formats.

    Bill, Nov 22, 2005
  6. phk

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Most new cameras use USB2 for higher speed.
    Yes, but about 5-6x slower on the readers I tested.

    Bill Hilton, Nov 22, 2005
  7. phk

    kctan Guest

    Yes but it works as USB 1.1 and it is slower by about 10X

    kctan, Nov 22, 2005
  8. phk

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Yes.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 23, 2005
  9. phk

    Allan Guest

    not always.

    I have a Lexar Jumpdrive which is USB2 but my SD cards do not work well when
    connected to the USB2 slot.

    they work when connected to the USB1.1 slot

    Allan

    Allan, Nov 23, 2005