    cable?

    thanks

    will.

    will.siau, Apr 29, 2005

  2. It's not legal to have a USB cable that's the same at both ends. That's
    because USB is a master/slave protocol: one end must be the master, the
    other the slave. One's the pitcher, the other's the catcher.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 29, 2005

  3. will.siau

    Richard Guest

    Doesnt stop a hell of a lot of devices doing it however..

    I have even seen a USB connector used on a small composite video TFT screen in a
    mates car...

    Richard, Apr 29, 2005
  4. Doesnt stop a hell of a lot of devices doing it however..

    I have even seen a USB connector used on a small composite video TFT screen in
    a mates car...[/QUOTE]

    There is no such cable. What you must be seeing is two separate cables
    with some other device in-between.

    USB does not allow peer-to-peer connections.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 29, 2005
  5. will.siau

    Richard Guest

    There is, I had an external IDE case that used such a cable.

    Richard, Apr 30, 2005
  6. will.siau

    CSE Guest

    No their is Not..

    CSE, Apr 30, 2005
  7. will.siau

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Apr 30, 2005
  8. will.siau

    CSE Guest

    CSE, Apr 30, 2005
  9. Actually yes there is. Here's a place that sells USB A male to A male
    cables. It's a simple cable with a plug on each end and no active
    components in it.

    http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orders6.cgi?action=Showitem&partno=70540

    Note that it's an ucking stupid idea. I've never seen anything that used
    these cables, but presumably some idiot has in the past designed
    equipment (like Lawrence's drive case) that used it.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Apr 30, 2005
  10. will.siau

    Gordon Guest

    How about, there is no *need* to have a male male cable? rather than this
    leagl shit.

    Gordon, Apr 30, 2005
  11. will.siau

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Apr 30, 2005
  12. will.siau

    Richard Guest

    But there is because some stupid manafactureres have put the wrong socket on
    there things. I myself would return the drive enclosure (Actually, I did now I
    come to think of it) and get one that uses a standard socket. That was my
    thinking when getting both a digital camera and MP3 player, No propriatory gloss
    white cables for me ;)

    Richard, Apr 30, 2005
  13. Because using an illegal cable can cause hardware damage.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, May 2, 2005