    If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a concealed
    weapon?
    Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    Ionizer Guest

    <snip>

    It isn't. Don't believe everything Michael Moore tells you.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 11, 2003

  3. You take a course in guns, and get certified.

    NewKillerStar, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    Mara Guest

    http://www.moorewatch.com/ :)

    Mara, Oct 11, 2003
  5. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Brian H¹© <> typed
    || If it is every Americans right to carry a gun, what constitutes a
    || concealed weapon?
    || Not wearing a cowboy-style holster?

    Where does it say that every American has the right to carry a gun?

    First of all the carrier must have a relevant lic for the gun...

    flying off half cocked as usual...

    Robert de Brus, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Brian H¹©

    The Immortal Guest

    didst gibber like a mere mortal
    in
    snip>
    WTF is there to steal in Kenesaw, GA?

    The Immortal, Oct 11, 2003
  7. Brian H¹©

    Richard Guest

    The fact that it is not visible to the passerby.
    Inisde of a holster may be defined as concealed, unless the holster was of a
    type that allowed the majority of the weapon to be visible.
    While it is illegal to carry a 12" knife in your pocket, it is legal to
    carry it on your belt in a sheath.
    If you carry a handgun in your car and leave it on the dashboard, that is
    not concealed.
    But put it between your seats beside you, it most certainly is concealed.
    That is why people who drive pickup trucks and have guns, put the guns on a
    rack so they can be seen.
    If they were tucked under the seat, that's concealing a weapon.

    "The right to bear arms", is not denied by the state when they issue
    restrictions on handguns.
    As you can legally walk around town with a rifle or a shotgun in your hands.
    This was clearly demonstrated on 60 minutes a few years back, in New York
    City.
    They filmed a guy going into a gun store and buying a rifle.
    The rifle was wrapped in plain wrapping paper and you could easily tell what
    it was.
    Outside, in full view of a police officer, the wrapping was removed and
    trashed, properly.
    The man walked right past the officer and not one word was said.
    The guy barely even got noticed by others.
    But a hand gun? Uh-uh. You need a permit to own one in NYC.
    Therefor, the consititutional argument is being satisfied.
    "the right to bear arms shall not be denied".

    Richard, Oct 11, 2003
  8. Brian H¹©

    Ionizer Guest

    Thanks for that link, Mara. He's a likeable and often amusing guy, you just
    have to take some of what he says with a very big grain of salt.

    ....And the same can be said of Micheal Moore ;)

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 11, 2003
  9. Brian H¹©

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In
    Valuable gun collections.

    Juan Pérez, Oct 11, 2003
  10. Concealed usually means concealed on your person. You can't go anywhere with
    a concealed weapon unless you have a permit. You can wear a gun in a holster
    in plain view most anywhere legally but you will upset many people and draw
    police attention to yourself, so why wear it? And there are many city
    ordinances against it. Go to Arizona if you want to play cowboy.

    BananaPannaPoe-, Oct 11, 2003
  11. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BananaPannaPoe- said:
    I don't want to play cowboy.
    As someone who doesn't live in the US, I was just asking a question I have
    wondered about for many years.
    So, now then, a federal agent or police officer, wearing a shoulder holster
    underneath a jacket, is carrying a concealed weapon?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 11, 2003
  12. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Brian H¹© <> typed
    || BananaPannaPoe- said:
    ||| Concealed usually means concealed on your person. You can't go
    ||| anywhere with a concealed weapon unless you have a permit. You can
    ||| wear a gun in a holster in plain view most anywhere legally but you
    ||| will upset many people and draw police attention to yourself, so
    ||| why wear it? And there are many city ordinances against it. Go to
    ||| Arizona if you want to play cowboy.
    || I don't want to play cowboy.
    || As someone who doesn't live in the US, I was just asking a question
    || I have wondered about for many years.
    || So, now then, a federal agent or police officer, wearing a shoulder
    || holster underneath a jacket, is carrying a concealed weapon?

    are you really so st00pid? yep

    Robert de Brus, Oct 11, 2003
  13. On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:08:53 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by Juan Pérez in message
    Probably rusty old single shot Marlin and Western Auto .22s and .410 shot
    guns...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2215

    The Old Sourdough, Oct 11, 2003
  14. Brian H¹©

    bb3 Guest

    A concealed weapon has many different connotations. In the case of a
    gun, it is generally defined as not being visible on the outside of the
    clothing (at least in my home state). As with all laws, there are
    exceptions. Law enforcement officers are exempt, in that they are
    "certified" by POST (Police Officers Standards of Training) standards.
    Public citizens are required to be certified by state law enforcement,
    after taking a course, in order to carry a weapon.

    Here's a little information, at least for the state that I live in...
    http://www.opi.state.mt.us:8080/Phantom.acgi$search

    bb3, Oct 11, 2003
  15. Brian H¹©

    bb3 Guest

    Sorry...the above site is wrong...go here...
    http://data.opi.state.mt.us/bills/mca/search.htm and enter "concealed
    weapon" (without the quotes).

    bb3, Oct 11, 2003
  16. Brian H¹©

    Mara Guest

    That isn't the only link out there about him....
    Um, I think I prefer my truths more...truthful.

    "If you know what I mean. ;)"

    Mara, Oct 11, 2003
  17. Brian H¹©

    bb3 Guest

    Agreed.

    <snip>

    bb3, Oct 11, 2003
  18. Brian H¹©

    Helen Guest

    : On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:08:53 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled
    : at the following statement by Juan Pérez in message
    : :
    : > In : > The Immortal <> typed:
    : >> didst gibber like a mere mortal
    : >> in: >>
    : >> snip>
    : >>> Vermont allows CCW without needing a special license. There are more
    : >>> states every day that are enacting reciprocity. Only the people
    : >>> living in the big cities seem to have the stupid idea that the police
    : >>> are going to protect you. The court in Washington, DC decided
    : >>> otherwise several years ago. You may notice that those cities/states
    : >>> with the strictest gun laws are also the ones that have the highest
    : >>> murder rates as well as other crime rates while those such as
    : >>> Kenesaw, GA have much lower crime rates.
    : >>>
    : >>> George
    : >>>
    : >>
    : >> WTF is there to steal in Kenesaw, GA?
    : >

    Here, here, now! Just because one doesn't 'advertise' to the world his
    treasures does not equate with the non-existence of treasures. Sounds just
    like the old saw of verbally attempting to degrade or judge as inferior all
    that is southern. Analysis: it's just envious jealousy and a demonstration
    of the inferior of the one yakking about what he knows nothing about. But
    that's the way it is: those who know the least about someone/something (a
    place or its people) are those who run their mouths the most. Believe
    nothing you hear and only half of what you see and you will fare a-ok.

    ;)
    Helen

    Helen, Oct 11, 2003
  19. Brian H¹©

    Bryan Guest

    You *do* realise what you're doing is called "stalking" don't you?

    Bryan, Oct 11, 2003
  20. No, it wasn't. they were going to allow small calibre pistols, ie .22 or
    below to be used for sporting purposes. THIS government banned all private
    ownership of pistols full stop.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 11, 2003