    So I ended up getting a $3500 (if I bought in NZ) order of cable.. for
    a lot less than half price, custom lengths, with banana plugs prof.
    fitted. All within 5 days and no GST.

    Ripping Silk, Feb 18, 2004

  2. asdf

    Pangloss Guest

    I thought B&H photo were great, _until_ I tried to file a warranty
    claim.

    When their returns department wasn't completely unresponsive, they were
    dismissive.

    Fortunately the item I purchased was covered by an international
    manufacturer's warranty, and the their NZ distributors repaired the
    fault, free of charge. Not all manufacturers have international
    warranties.

    As far as digital and 35mm equipment goes http://www.adorama.com have an
    equally good range at competitive prices. They also have a good
    reputation.

    Pangloss, Feb 19, 2004

  3. asdf

    KewlKiwi Guest

    I'll second (third? fourth?) that. I've bought several items from B&H over the years, and never had a problem.
    If you are a new customer they will require you to fax a copy (i.e. a scan) of both sides of your credit card to them.
    After that, it's a piece of cake!
    (Apart from the local delivery system that is - most times a parcel takes longer to travel from Aukland to Chch than it does from the USA to
    Aukland)

    KewlKiwi, Feb 19, 2004
  4. asdf

    Palm Guest

    Geez was checking out there prices on ipods and they aren't half bad can get
    a gen 3 40gb for about $750 landed (fingers crossed on GST) better then
    paying $900 as someone as trying to sell on Trademe. ..J

    Palm, Feb 20, 2004
  5. asdf

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    I've been looking for an Ipod as well but have been put off a little by the
    things I have been reading about the batteries.

    apparently they don't last long at all and are very expensive to replace.

    read this on xtra:
    http://xtramsn.co.nz/technology/0,,7006-3076665,00.html

    do a search on google. shows quite a bit

    -{-astrae-}-, Feb 20, 2004
  6. asdf

    texan Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 00:02:55 +1300, "-{-astrae-}-"
    I received a brochure from Dell, USA the other day.
    They had their version of an IiPod advertised with specific reference
    to theirs lasting much longer than the ipod's.

    Unfortunately as I was not interested, I threw it out but check out
    www.dell.com if your interested to know more.

    Cath

    texan, Feb 20, 2004
  7. asdf

    Bluebottle Guest

    The average iPod user has a typical "many years" of battery life, much
    the same as other small sealed battery operated devices.

    The two brothers who kicked the whole iPod fiasco off reputedly had
    hammered their iPods pretty hard then threw a hissy fit when Apple
    refused to replace the batteries when they were out of warranty. They
    could have either bought batteries from any of the many retailers who
    will cheerfully supply and even fit them for a small surcharge.

    The Class Action is just the American disease: find a grievance, get an
    ambulance chasing lawyer, threaten to sue and cream off in an
    out-of-court settlement.

    Bluebottle, Feb 22, 2004