    digitalcameras.co.nz). But the site that lists that price dosnt ship to nz.

    So has anyone ever done this? how did it go, and where did you order from?

    Daniel

    asdf, Feb 18, 2004

  2. asdf

    Frank Osborn Guest

    So why not get it from ETown

    http://www.etown.co.nz/?

    Are you adding GST , Credit Card , shipping & Insurance Charges into your
    price..?

    Frank Osborn, Feb 18, 2004

  3. asdf

    steve Guest

    How do you plan to recharge any rechargable batteries? It's little things
    like that that can blow away any savings.....if you find you need to buy
    the right adapter - separately - later.

    steve, Feb 18, 2004
  4. asdf

    Frank Osborn Guest

    This is the Very Best shop in the USA..

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

    Frank Osborn, Feb 18, 2004
  5. asdf

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    How do you plan to recharge any rechargable batteries? It's little things
    in an AA Battery charger like any other camera??

    -{-astrae-}-, Feb 18, 2004
  6. asdf

    Warwick Guest

    I have bought a bit of gear from us, but always been able to get a us
    citezen to take care of payment (after I have sent the money to them) and
    onward delivery. (USPS global mailer with insurance).

    I have always figured if there is a problem with it I can send it back to
    the citizen and get them to claim warranty. Never been an issue however.

    cheers
    Warwick

    Warwick, Feb 18, 2004
  7. asdf

    MarkH Guest

    I ordered some stuff from B&H, a good reputable dealer, and they ship to
    NZ.

    Stuff arrived and works well, all good.

    www.bhphotovideo.com

    MarkH, Feb 18, 2004
  8. Due to extensive credit card fraud (carders ordering a dozen PC's shipped to
    eastern Europe) it's becoming almost impossible to find US retailers who'll
    ship to non-US addresses. Your options are:

    - Find a retailer who'll ship overseas (very difficult, particularly if you're
    after an obscure item that only one or two places carry).

    - Find a retailer who'll take payment by wire transfer (expensive).

    - Get a friend in the US to do it for you. You can either pay for it and get
    it shipped to them (also painfully difficult to get away with, you need to
    phone your bank and get them to add the US shipping address to your CC
    address info, but many places won't take that either and will only ship to
    the CC billing address), or get them to pay for it and then arrange to pay
    them back.

    Peter.

    Peter Gutmann, Feb 18, 2004
  9. asdf

    MarkH Guest

    (Peter Gutmann) wrote in

    B&H will happily accept a NZ credit card.
    B&H stock an excellent range.

    MarkH, Feb 18, 2004
  10. asdf

    asdf Guest

    If i order from someware like this what tax's am i likly to be charged when
    it comes into the contray?

    Daniel

    asdf, Feb 18, 2004
  11. asdf

    moe Guest

    Which shipping option did you choose to use?

    moe

    moe, Feb 18, 2004
  12. asdf

    Frank Osborn Guest

    If it lands at over $400 you will be charged the GST Rate of 12.5%

    But some here have got away with it..

    Frank Osborn, Feb 18, 2004
  13. asdf

    Chris Guest

    Chris, Feb 18, 2004
  14. asdf

    Nigel Guest

    No Dramas, the 300D charger ( US model ) is 100-240, in fact most are. I
    would not worry about this, though you have GST to worry about & also
    warranty issues ( most likely you will have to post to the US for
    warranty repairs ).

    Nigel

    Nigel, Feb 18, 2004
  15. asdf

    Chris Guest

    Have looked at some of the prices and compared to pricespy and theres not
    that much difference when you take into account GST freight unless you
    send it surface mail etc

    Chris, Feb 18, 2004
  16. asdf

    Chris Guest

    Should have pointed out I was looking at Nikon coolpix 2100, 3100 - there
    might be greater savings on other camera's of course.

    Chris, Feb 18, 2004
  17. asdf

    L33T Guest

    Judging by your appalling grammar and spelling, I wouldn't worry, it isn't
    going to reach New Zealand.

    L33T, Feb 18, 2004
  18. asdf

    MarkH Guest

    Airmail Parcel Post.

    I didn’t really know what to choose, so I just chose one.

    MarkH, Feb 18, 2004
  19. asdf

    Fishb8 Guest

    I can back what Mark says. I bought a Minolta (worldwide warranty) from B&H.
    Got it shipped to a friend, in the US, who was travelling to NZ, which saved
    a fair bit. The charger it arrived with works over here, using a cheap
    adapter.

    Roy Price - May the Fish be with you!

    Fishb8, Feb 18, 2004
  20. Have a look at the Canon S50 as well. When I was over in the states the
    S50 was a better deal than the A80. I brought one back with me and it
    cost under $600 NZ from Frys.

    Warren

    Warren Mannington, Feb 18, 2004