    can't figure out what that network key is, because it's encrypted...

    does anyone know how to do this??
    help!

    Guest, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Guest

    Malke Guest

    You've forgotten your WEP/WPA, is that it? Just go to the wireless
    router or wireless access point and go to its configuration settings.
    Most routers/WAP's are configured through your browser. Look at the
    wireless security settings and you'll see the encryption key you're
    using. Write it down and then you can enter the key into your
    computer's wireless network settings.

    Malke

    Malke, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm having the same problem but I'm not as computer literate so I'd have to
    be told how to get to the wireless access point and all that stuff.

    Guest, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    Malke Guest

    The previous posts in this thread aren't available, so since you didn't
    quote any of them, it's hard to know how to answer you. If you forgot
    your WEP/WPA key, just log into your router's configuration page
    (usually by entering its IP address in your browser) and look at the
    security settings. Copy them onto a piece of paper. If you don't know
    how to get into your router's configuration utility, look at its manual
    or post back with the make/model.

    Malke

    Malke, Feb 23, 2005
  5. Guest

    SomeDude24

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    My model is WRT54G, and it's maker is Linksys...

    SomeDude24, Mar 9, 2007
  6. Guest

    vics

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I found mine in this way:

    1.Login to router. Like type http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1
    2.defaults will be admin password: admin
    3. Goto wireless setup.
    4. Interneet cnection settings.. click on this
    5. You can find network key here.. If it is not able to connect with this key,
    then generate a new key and save the settings. Try to remember this new key from next tim onwards.
    6. Finish :)

    vics, Jun 12, 2011
  7. Guest

    txrus

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    tom

    All the advice to go to the router's website makes no sense if we cannot get online. Without the network key it seems the router cannot route us to the correct website, or for that matter, any website whatsoever.
    Thanks for your hints.

    txrus, Aug 18, 2011
  8. Guest

    navyretired99

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I found VIC'S solution to be right on. Thanx vic

    navyretired99, Feb 5, 2012