Urgent-NAV unable to remove virus(Trojan)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MiltiadisS, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. MiltiadisS

    MiltiadisS Guest

    I seem to have contracted a Trojan that changes my homepage to
    CoolWebSearch and blocks my access to hotmail and yahoo mail.

    I have tried repeatedly to remove it with the latest virus definitions
    of Norton 2002, (October 23rd), it found a trojan (Bootconf) in two
    files which It quarantined and I removed ( yes, also from the trash
    can) : windows\default.css and common files\microsoft
    shared\msinfo\msinfo.exe

    I also repeatedly ran Ad-Aware 6 and Spybot ( latest versions ) and
    removed registry keys, I deleted the values search and search info
    from the registry, I repaired the IE 6 from the control panel, fixed
    the registry with a small utility and still cannot get into hotmail
    and yahoo. The message I get is "iexplore has caused an error to
    <unknown> , iexplore will shut down. If you continue to have problems
    then restart your computer" BTW, all the other URLs are working
    properly.

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

    Miltis, Greece

    MiltiadisS, Oct 25, 2003

  2. MiltiadisS

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 25, 2003

  3. MiltiadisS

    °Mike° Guest

    I must say, how can you place "Urgent" in your subject
    line, and yet post from Google Groups, where posts
    don't show up for an average of (perhaps) 4-6 hours?

    °Mike°, Oct 25, 2003
  4. MiltiadisS

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Oct 25, 2003