    Thanks very much
    Javier

    PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

    summarex, Sep 4, 2007

  2. summarex

    Frank Arthur Guest

    Ever consider ordering one from the Parts Dept of Kodak?

    Frank Arthur, Sep 4, 2007

  3. summarex

    Yoshi Guest

    This is why Duct Tape was invented.

    Yoshi, Sep 4, 2007
  4. summarex

    SMS Guest

    For the DCS-760 you're probably going to have to go back to Kodak.

    At least the battery door is more cosmetic than functional. On a lot of
    the cheaper cameras the door is part of the battery circuit, and when it
    breaks you have to either duct-tape it or get it replaced on order for
    the camera to work at all.

    SMS, Sep 4, 2007
  5. summarex

    SMS Guest

    You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

    Look at what they did at
    "http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm" though
    it renders the tripod unusable.

    SMS, Sep 4, 2007
  6. summarex

    summarex Guest

    Thanks for the link.
    Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could only
    be moulded.
    I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
    would be a heck
    of a lot of work.

    summarex, Sep 5, 2007
  7. summarex

    Frank Arthur Guest

    Whew! It might be a "lot of work" to contact Kodak's Repair Parts
    Dept. eh?

    Frank Arthur, Sep 5, 2007
  8. summarex

    summarex Guest

    Already did that way before posting here.

    summarex, Sep 6, 2007
  9. summarex

    John Turco Guest

    wrote:

    <edited>

    Hello, Javier:

    Please, try eBay <http://www.ebay.com>, where there's a thriving
    business in digicam battery doors.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 15, 2007
  10. Right now there's a 620 up for auction, looks pretty good but no
    battery and offered as-is.

    item=330165652696

    sheepdog 2007, Sep 15, 2007
  11. WHOOPS! I pruned a long URL too drastically; that's an eBay
    <www.ebay.com> item number. Auction ends sept. 20.

    sheepdog 2007, Sep 15, 2007