    Any advice?

    Thanks

    Paul

    ReD-MaN, Dec 30, 2003

  2. :cti_dial uptime is 19 minutes
    :System restarted by bus error at PC 0x191162, address 0x3A4A80

    :This is probably the most critical device at my work, and we just let the
    :Smartnet lapse due to we will be getting a 3700 series shortly in the new
    :year.

    Is it continuing to crash? Or is it that because you don't know
    what happened, you are concerned that it could happen again any time?

    If it happens again, then one step you could -try- would be to
    clean the memory contacts and reset the memory. First, though,
    check for potential overheating.

    Do you have it on a filtered power supply? At least
    "line-interactive" if not "on-line" (aka double-conversion) ?

    Walter Roberson, Dec 30, 2003

  3. :Not sure what you mean by the filtered power supply, we do have it hooked
    :into our APC Symmetra UPS system.

    That should do nicely; that's a well respected (if expensive) UPS.
    I was just avoiding saying "UPS" because of the usual connotation
    of UPS being about backup power, when it was the power conditioning
    that was important in this case.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 30, 2003
  4. ReD-MaN

    ReD-MaN Guest

    It has happened in the past, althought the guys on duty at that time didn't
    know what to look for. It has only crashed once today, and hopefully it
    won't again.

    We are going to try changing over the memory tomorrow morning. It shouldn't
    be overheating as it is in our datacenter, which is kept at a cool 64
    degrees F.

    ReD-MaN, Dec 30, 2003