Urgent help please, GretagMacbeth Eye-One Pro part availability

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hitchkas, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. Hitchkas

    Hitchkas Guest

    I borrowed a coworker's GretagMacBeth Eye-One Pro device over the
    weekend to calibrate my monitor. Unfortunately, I broke the black
    piece that goes over the sensor. I don't know what is called but
    here are its pictures when properly on device and off device.


    I found GretaMacbeth's phone number but have to wait until Monday and
    meanwhile I will be stressed out and unable to sleep if I don't know
    if that part is available. I appreciate if you had any experience in
    this matter let me know as soon as possible;

    1- What is that piece called?

    2- If that piece only can be bought from the GretagMacbeth?

    3- What is approximate price of that piece?

    Best regards,
    Hitchkas, Mar 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Looks like you'll get all those answers on Monday morning.

    Worst case you buy him a new Eye-One Pro.


    "A combat photographer should be able to make you see the
    color of blood in black and white"

    David Douglas Duncan
    Speaking on why in Vietnam
    he worked only in black and white
    John A. Stovall, Mar 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. Hitchkas

    Bob Williams Guest

    If the break is a clean one and the parts fit together tightly, a few
    dots of "Krazy Glue" or similar (cyanoacrylate adhesive) will make the
    part look and function like new. Note: Apply the Krazy Glue to only one
    side of the break. Hold the parts tightly together for about 20-30 seconds.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Mar 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.