    I think a surge suppressor with a good UL rating, response time and
    clamping voltage will fill the bill. But does a UPS provide any extra
    benefits in protecting against voltage fluctuations? Thanks.

    Sid, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Sid

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You may want to look into a UPS AVR that keeps the power clean and constant.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Sid

    Unknown Guest

    You needn't worry about voltage fluctuations. Todays power supplies in
    computers can handle fluctuations easily. What you need to do is to make sure
    you have good grounds. Many older buildings unfortunately used the conduit as
    ground and in too many cases wired the neutral incorrectly. An outlet tester
    (costs about $5) is a big big aid in averting problems.

    Unknown, Sep 9, 2004