    However doing a bandwidth test at
    http://nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest/speedtest1000.html shows 976 Kbps so I'm happy.
    (That's after doing the registry tweak at http://nzdsl.co.nz/speedtest/ )

    Digin C, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Digin C

    Mark S Guest

    The speed shown is the physical link speed. It should not reflect the actual
    throughput speed acheived.

    Basically an ADSL modem will make a basic signal connection as fast as it
    can to the exchange, thats the speed that is usually shown. Then you run a
    login connection through to the ISP, and that is what is throttled and the
    actual speed you get - however the modem/router usually doesn't display this
    speed nor even know what it is.

    So even though it shows 3424 it will not go over 1Mbps. I don't know why it
    showed 320/160 before, perhaps you misread it?

    Mark S, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Digin C

    Frank Sams Guest

    Doing better than me!!
    I am on the 2mb "plus" plan,and this is my speed
    a.. Download time: 123.418 seconds
    a.. Size of file: 1000 Kilobytes
    a.. Estimated line speed: 66.1 (kilobits/second)
    a.. Estimated line speed: 8.1 (kilobytes/second)

    Been about the same all day :(

    Frank Sams, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Digin C

    Dorado Guest

    Have you gone over your data cap?
    Try this
    http://www.ihug.co.nz/help/wiredcountry/speed/512test.html

    Dorado, Dec 6, 2004
  5. Digin C

    Frank Sams Guest

    Hey,
    Thanks for the IHUG sped test...
    Got heaps of data left, not sure what is up.. a bit of a pain for a $70 per
    month service..
    Any other ideas?

    hmmmm....

    Frank Sams, Dec 6, 2004
  6. Digin C

    Krazy Bob Guest

    This is what i have when using speed test

    a.. Download time: 0.344 seconds
    b.. Size of file: 1000 Kilobytes
    c.. Estimated line speed: 23720.9 (kilobits/second)
    d.. Estimated line speed: 2907 (kilobytes/second)

    Krazy Bob, Dec 6, 2004
  7. Digin C

    cowboyz Guest

    ok. try holding control key down when loading that page. There is no way
    you are pulling through 3 meg per second.

    cowboyz, Dec 7, 2004
  8. Digin C

    Krazy Bob Guest

    i am holding down CTRL and it still gives me the same only thing ctrl seems
    to do is increase the text size from medium to large:-s

    Krazy Bob, Dec 7, 2004