    a "proxy server"
    A) What is a proxy server?

    I have a cable connection to the internet

    \The Right One\, Oct 2, 2003

  2. \The Right One\

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 2, 2003

  3. \The Right One\

    Richard Guest

    Scrap MS FP and get yourself any one of dozens of FREE html editors.
    "Stone's web writer" is very good. It includes all the tags for html and css
    along with attributes.
    You can have multiple files open in tabs and quickly move from one to the
    other.

    www.stoneware.dk/

    Ace html is also decent.
    www.acehtml.com/

    Richard, Oct 2, 2003
  4. \The Right One\

    d.c. Guest

    Make sure your host has FrontPage extensions installed.

    d.c., Oct 3, 2003
  5. \The Right One\

    why? Guest

    If you are using the FP HTTP (and MSIE and it's your ISPs webserver)
    method to publish, you want to either disable the proxy setting while
    publishing
    Tools / Connections / Lan Settings untick the proxy settings. Publish
    and tick the boxes again after. Or in the advanced settings you want to
    add the name of your webserver you publish to in the exclusions box.

    This means HTTP for browsing goes via the proxy but the HTTP for
    publishing goes direct tot he web server.

    Basically. There are a few other minor issues, but I am late for work
    and have to go now.
    Nice, so do I.

    Me

    why?, Oct 3, 2003
  6. I did that but MS FrontPage still detects a proxy server
    I'm thinking now that possibly there is a virus.
    I did here a news report abort a virus that sets itself up as
    a server.

    A friend of mine uses MS front page to the same host and it works
    well so the problem is in my PC some place

    The host company is configured for MS front page extensions
    only at this time. FTP later.

    \The Right One\, Oct 3, 2003