upload video to canon s400 (ixus 400) - which codec?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Niklas Gidion, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Hi folks,

    I own a Canon Powershot s400 (Digital IXUS 400 here in europe). Great
    little gadget! :)

    I would be interested in the possibility to play videos UPLOADED to the
    camera (via a CF-card-reader) for the purpose of having an ultra-compact
    digital video-player with me - connecting the camera to a TV (for
    showing short videos in workshops, at school, etc.).

    The video would have to be 320x240 pixels I imagine, and possibly have
    to (?) be mono (thats what the camera is recording in), but what *codec*
    do I have to recode the video in? To make it clear: my problem is not to
    get the video on the CF but to recode it in a format that the camera is
    able to play.

    Is there anybody out there who has tried this? Please do not simply tell
    me that it's not sensible to do this :) - if it isn't I still would
    like to know if it is possible at all.

    Thanks in advance for any help,
    Niklas

    Niklas Gidion, Jan 9, 2004