    will recieve? It´s because of not having to install all programs twice.

    Thx,

    Daniel Herrmann

    Daniel Herrmann, Jun 21, 2005

  2. From what I have read on this NG, the answer is .... YES. :)

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 21, 2005
  4. So in only need to insert the full version cd (or dvd) and it will be
    updated? That would be great

    Daniel Herrmann, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 21, 2005
  6. And to add to what Andre wrote, so there are no misunderstandings, DO NOT
    BOOT from the OEM CD. But rather after booting into Windows XP Pro x64
    trial, then insert the OEM CD and upgrade from there. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 21, 2005
  7. Thank you very much for your kind help

    Daniel

    Daniel Herrmann, Jun 21, 2005
  8. Hello Andre,
    This works only if the media type is not OEM. If the media type is OEM,
    then you cannot upgrade the Eval, you would have to do a repair.
    So unless you are using MSDN or Volume media, this is not an option. You
    have to boot to the cd and choose to do a repair.
    OEM media will only upgrade other OEM media.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <>
    <Subject: Re: Upgrading x64 evaluation with full version?
    <Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:32:09 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Yep, well, the welcome to setup screen will appear and it should prompt
    you
    <whether you would like upgrade Windows or do a clean install, in your
    case,
    <you want to do an upgrade.
    <--
    <Andre
    <Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    <Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
    <http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    <FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    <
    <<> <>> Yes, you can Daniel, its called an in place upgrade, all your settings
    <>> and applications will be saved. :)
    <>

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 21, 2005
  9. Hello Wayne,
    This works only if the media type is not OEM. If the media type is OEM,
    then you cannot upgrade the Eval, you would have to do a repair.
    So unless you are using MSDN or Volume media, this is not an option. You
    have to boot to the cd and choose to do a repair.
    OEM media will only upgrade other OEM media.
    You have to boot from the OEM CD to be able to upgrade or rather repair.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Wayne Wastier" <>
    <Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:59:11 -0500
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <
    <<> Yep, well, the welcome to setup screen will appear and it should prompt
    <> you whether you would like upgrade Windows or do a clean install, in
    your
    <> case, you want to do an upgrade.
    <> --
    <>
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 21, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 22, 2005
  11. Thanks Darrell. I appreciate the heads up. And I apoligize to Daniel for
    the bad info. :(

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 22, 2005
  12. Hello,
    I downloaded the evaluation version directly from Microsoft. The full
    version is ordered at Microsoft
    too because i bought a seperate license from Windows XP Prof. directly from
    a Microsoft
    licensed seller. At my Key there was no OEM at all. Just normal
    Letters and Numbers. And it was a full packaged version.

    Daniel

    Daniel Herrmann, Jun 23, 2005
  13. Hello Daniel,
    The OEM will show in the PID after installation. The Product key will not
    show OEM in it.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Daniel Herrmann" <>
    <Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:19:30 +0200
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <<
    <Hello,
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 23, 2005
  14. There was no OEM at my "old" Win XP Prof. PID. The version was bought as a
    regular
    one because i wanted to get the upgrade rights. This evaluation version hat
    neither one in the PID:

    Thanks,
    Daniel

    Daniel Herrmann, Jun 23, 2005
  15. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 24, 2005
  16. Doesn't matter anymore but a few years ago, it was easy to discriminate the
    versions because of the OEM right in the middle of the product key.

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 24, 2005
  17. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 25, 2005