    Likes Received:
    0
    I need to upgrade my cisco pix 501 firewall os-version 6.2(2) to 6.3. Was at cisco.com today and found out that ordinary customers can not download upgrades. Someone who nows a place on the internett where I can buy a pix 6.3?

    janov, Feb 2, 2006

  2. janov

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    If its a Cisco Router, it should update by itself, we are talking cisco here not netgear. contact cisco see what they say.

    unholy, Feb 3, 2006

  3. janov

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    He didn't say router, dimwit, he said Firewall, there's a difference, a Cisco 501 firewall isn't a router.

    As for getting the upgrade, whadda ya mean they don't let you get upgrades if you're a regular customer? Did you register the product? You need to do that to get upgrades.

    The Modfather, Feb 3, 2006
  4. janov

    janov

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ok, I probably never registrated the product. But after spending another halv an hour at cisco.com I really can't find out of this. I earlier registrated the company and myselv but I can't see where to register products. A lot of other information on cisco products can be found though....

    janov, Feb 3, 2006
  5. janov

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    u know what i mean Modfather :p just cause i spelt it R-O-U-T-E-R means it can be a firewall :p

    unholy, Feb 4, 2006
  6. janov

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Unholy, no, it's not a router, it's ONLY a firewall. I have a Cisco firewall and a Linksys router (made by Cisco but it's a Linksys), they're seperate devices.

    janov, if you bought the firewall from Cisco then it should have come with a registration card or a way to electronically register it, if so then they should have a record of it by serial number. Try calling them on the phone and asking them about how you can get the update, give them your model # and serial # and they should be able to either direct you to where you can download it or send you a disk.

    The Modfather, Feb 4, 2006
  7. janov

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    what i meant is, i was supposed to say firewall, but since i was talking about routers to a friend i was overwhelmed by the word router therfore i said it instead :p

    unholy, Feb 5, 2006
  8. janov

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    In other words, you f'd up. Okay, nothing unusual here... Next message.

    The Modfather, Feb 5, 2006
  9. janov

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    does anyone have a 16+ port router they dont want? ADSL/ADSL2

    unholy, Feb 7, 2006
  10. janov

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, one of the 5 of us must have some of those lying around I'm sure. :)

    The Modfather, Feb 7, 2006
  11. janov

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Yeah, I always carry a spare in my back pocket in case such a need should arrive :S

    XhArD, Feb 7, 2006
  12. janov

    unholy

    Joined: