    hints on upgrading browser appreciated......like, does IE6 interact OK with
    98SE?

    Kaz

    Mekaz Inoz, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Mekaz Inoz

    Shep© Guest

    You should be OK and also IE 6 will add itself to the Add Remove
    Programs list and if you go to remove it offers a repair option so it
    can be repaired as sometimes the 1st,"Upgrade" to it can have a few
    faults.Check the Mags Cds folders you may find a copy of IE 5.5 which
    I prefer.
    Also if you got any free ISP Cds though the post(NOT AOL) you can open
    these up and find copies of IE 5.5 and IE 6 on them to use and can
    then un-brand then using this,
    http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/unbrand.htm
    HTH :)

    Shep©, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Mekaz Inoz

    Mekaz Inoz Guest

    Thanks for that...I have often wondered why IE5 was not in Add/Remove in
    98SE......we are running IE6 with XPHome on our main computer so having the
    same version IE on both computers will be less confusing. The mag CD I
    intend using is from PC User (latest Aust. issue)

    Mekaz Inoz, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Mekaz Inoz

    Mekaz Inoz Guest

    Thank you both for the info...feeling less aprehensive now.

    Mekaz Inoz, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Mekaz Inoz

    Richard Guest

    Go to the windows update site for a non hijacked version.
    Any current items such as favorites should remain intact.
    Before you do though, you may want to move your OE stuff to another folder,
    then use the file/import messages wizard to recover with. Including your
    news settings.

    Richard, Jul 6, 2003