Upgrading from Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP Professional

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Oct 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I am thinking of upgrading my Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP
    Professional because I need to install Visual Studio.net, SQL Server 2000 and
    running IIS service.

    My question is how do i install Windows XP Professional successfully. Do I
    need to uninstall Home Edition or just have to run XP installation to
    overwrite Home Edition?

    Is there any microsoft site that shows step by step installation from Home
    Edition to Professional?

    Please kindly guide me... and thanks a lot.

    Regards,
    Sb

    Guest, Oct 11, 2005

  2. If you are thinking of upgrading to the x64 (64-bit) version of Windows XP
    Professional - then you cannot. There is no upgrade path you have to do a
    complete reinstall.

    However given the nature of your question I suspect you are not talking
    about the 64-bit version in which case you have posted to the wrong
    newsgroup.
    Please repost to microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --