    get a faster processor and replace the 500mhz with a 850mhz CPU. This
    system is a 440BX AGP board and has a PIII 500. Thanks for any help - runs
    at 100mhz

    Shawn, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Shawn

    Harrison Guest

    Your biggest challenge may be in actually finding a 850 mhz P3.

    From Dell's site:
    Microprocessor type IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® III microprocessor that runs at
    100 MHz externally
    Microprocessor speeds 450 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    500 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    550 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    600 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    650 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    700 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    750 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    800 MHz internal/100 MHz external
    850 MHz internal/100 MHz external

    Harrison, Jan 23, 2004

  3. You could probably crank it up to 1400MHz with a PowerLeap PL-iP3/T
    adapter. Check out www.powerleap.com for more details.

    I've used them on a bunch of BX boards (AOpen AX6BC's) with great success.

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Shawn

    sylpt Guest

    I too have an XPS T500 and I made the Powerleap 1.4GHz upgrade and it works
    great. It was an easy install, just set the jumper for the 100fsb board,
    take out the old CPU and pop in the new one and hook up the power source.
    I also doubled my RAM to 512MB, upgraded the original Voodoo 3000 16MB
    video card to a ATI 9200 128MB and added a 120 GB HD. Which has really
    boosted my performance and it doesn't cost a whole lot of cash.

    sylpt, Jan 24, 2004
  5. That much of a boost in processor speed probably won't make that much of a
    noticeable difference. Have you considered adding more RAM? Cheaper, and if
    you have <256MB it will make a noticeable difference.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Shawn

    MediaMan

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    When you added the ATI 9200 128MB, did you have to upgrade the power supply, or were your running of the native 200W supply?

    Was the card adverstised as an AGP 8X card?? ...or did it say 8x/4x/2x??

    Many thanks

    MediaMan, Jan 22, 2008
  7. Shawn

    derekrtds

    Joined:
    May 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Upgrading a Dell Dimension XPS T500 Computer

    I have a Dell Dimension XPS T500 computer that has a Intel Pentium III
    Processor that only runs at 498MHz and I need it to run at 800 MHz or
    above to run this software. What all do you have to do to install a 800 MHz
    intel pentium III processor?
    EasyCap
    USB Compliant USB 2.0 port
    OS Windows 2000, XP/Vista
    CPU Pentium III 800 MHz or above
    HD 600 MB of available hard drive space for program installation 4GB+ hard
    drive space
    256 MB of RAM 512 or above for editing

    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    derekrtds, May 16, 2010