Upgrading, confused about RAM speed.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The One, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. The One

    The One Guest

    The One, Sep 14, 2005

  2. The One

    The One Guest

    The One, Sep 14, 2005

  3. The One

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Sep 14, 2005
  4. The One

    Buffalo Guest

    Looking at the lower link, it sure looks like the board comes with PC3200, not
    PC2100.
    It gives specs using PC2100 (most likely a typo), but I believe that the package
    contains PC3200.
    In Ebay, you can contact the seller for clarification.

    "GB DDR 400MHz, PC3200, 2.5V, Non-Parity, Non-ECC, 184-pin

    DDR memory, or Double Data Rate memory, is an evolutionary new memory technology
    that doubles data throughput to the processor. As an evolution of today's PC133
    SDRAM, DDR leverages the existing production and environment to provide
    unrivaled PC performance at an affordable price.

    Specifications:1GB 400MHZ 184PIN DDR Memory, No-ECC. Higher performance over
    mainstream PC100 or PC133 memory. Up to 2.1 GB/sec of peak bandwidth using
    PC2100 DIMMs (with DDR266 memory chips). JEDEC Standard. 184 pin DIMM, non-ECC.
    DIMM Lead pitch: 1.27 mm. 2.5 Volts. SSTL-2 I/O Interface. SPD Support. Support
    for Memory Chip Stacking.
    ADD GBP 35.00 FOR ANOTHER STICK OF 1GB DDR PC3200"

    Buffalo, Sep 14, 2005
  5. The One

    Kenny Guest

    Oops, didn't read it properly!

    Kenny, Sep 14, 2005
  6. my friend thinks you are hot her name is Missy

    Troy Robertson, Sep 14, 2005
  7. I was just kidding

    Troy Robertson, Sep 14, 2005