    full version. I can not find where to do this. I realize I could order it
    from an online vendor, but would like to just pay for the full license. Any
    ideas where I can do this?

    Guest, Dec 26, 2005

  2. Since this 64 bit version is OEM only, you can not buy it directly from
    Microsoft unless you are a System Builder.
    Buy it from an online vender.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Dec 27, 2005

  3. Yes, you can do a inplace upgrade from Trial to the full version of Windows
    XP Professional x64 before it expires, if it expires before you acquire the
    full version, you will have to do a repair upgrade by booting off the XP Pro
    x64 full version CD-ROM and choosing to repair the existing installation
    after accepting the F8 license agreement. Here are some online vendors from
    which you can purchase the Full version media/license:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/catalog
    http://www.ncix.com
    http://www.directron.com
    http://www.newegg.com
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Dec 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    Randy Guest

    And being a system builder requires purchasing a minimum of 3 copies at a
    time IIRC... and if, like me, you sign up for the program and then don't
    purchase any software, MS will send nasty little notices that they may be
    auditing your business for illegal software... I've never needed to
    purchase through them, only needed the availability of the support end of
    the program. :p

    Randy, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I haver the OEM X64 CD how do I go from Trial tio Full without re-installing?

    Thanks,

    Guest, Dec 29, 2005
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Just follow the instructions that Andre just gave. As he said, depends on
    whether the trial has expired. Both ways require some amount of reinstall,
    drivers, updates, etc.

    John Barnes, Dec 29, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    thanks for speedy reply!

    what if the Trial has NOT expired...what is the procedure to go from Trial
    to full

    Thanks,

    Guest, Dec 29, 2005
  8. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Access the OEM CD from within the trial x64, do an upgrade.

    John Barnes, Dec 29, 2005
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Great!