    controller I get a message that some of my changes have not been applied.
    How can I get the Wireless USB adapter to work??? This has happened on 2
    machines I've upgraded (the upgrade to SP2 was done wirelessly)

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Guest

    Clark Guest

    The WZC wants you to save changes before you change pages, so if you changed
    nothing, don't worry about the message.

    Have you gone through and set up the connection on the Windows utility?

    I have gotten the impression that some hardware utilities don't play nice
    with Windows WZC. There may be some type of conflict going on, but no
    proof. Try to set it up using just the WZC. Since you get a blue screen
    when you start the other one, I would uninstall it since you may want to
    reinstall later after you have disabled the WZC is you decide to go that
    way.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Can I shut down the WZC so only the adapter supplied utility functions. I've
    tried uninstalling the Adapter utlity and re-installing but nothing seems to
    work. I can see the wireless routers both WEP protected and not WEP
    protected in the WZC network viewer but I cannot connect to them - I get the
    message that my system is not configured to connect access points. When I
    install a PCI wireless adapter, I can connect

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    Clark Guest

    There have been several folks in here with problems with the USB devices.
    Make sure you check your USB setup for functionality.

    The only thing I have on my Advanced Tab concerns the Windows firewall. You
    said that was turned off, right? You also have gone through the options for
    how and to what you can connect. There should be things like connect to
    profile only, or infrastructure only, or such to allow connection to certain
    types of access points. Since I am not running the WZC right now, I can't
    tell you where they are.

    If you want to shut down the WZC (which is what I did) you can. There is a
    check box on the Wireless tab that will allow the other utility to control.
    You probably have to hit OK for the setting to change.

    You can also go into the Services panel and disable the Wireless Zero
    Configuration (Control Panel, Administrative tools, Services). I would
    suggest, if you go this route, that you disable the controller before you
    reload the manufacturer utility.

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Success. By disabling the WZC in the administrative services, I was able to
    regain control of the USB wireless adapter using the software that came with
    it. WinXP with SP2 doesn't like wireless adapters if they are used to upgrade
    WinXP to WinXPSP2. Thanks

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005