    upgrade? Is there any documents that explain how to do this or what caveat
    is found?

    Thanks

    johnisccp, May 16, 2008

  2. You can do a straight upgrade. see:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/whyupgrade/supportedpaths.mspx

    Personally, I would demote it if it's currently a domain controller. And
    you'll need to reapply service packs and updates after you're done.

    (note: if it's the _only_ domain controller in your domain, then demoting it
    is not recommended, obviously. And if it contains any of the FSMO roles,
    you'll want to move those off first. Also make sure it's not the only global
    catalog server.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 16, 2008