    How many exams do I need to take (and pass of course) in order to upgrade
    from MCSE+I to MCSE 2000 ?

    Thanks.

    Smain, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Smain

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Depends.....

    Which electives did you take. If they are still active then you need to
    take 5, if they aren't,then you need to replace them too. Of course, all
    this information is at http://www.microsoft.com/traincert but you already
    knew that didn't you?

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Smain

    Smain Guest

    Thanks Kendal,

    Yes I've been in the MS traincert site but it didn't give much information
    about my question as far as I could read. My Elective exams are TCP/IP for
    NT4 and IIS 4.

    Cheers !

    Smain, Dec 17, 2003
  4. With an MCSE+I, and you remained in certified status, all you need to do is
    the core and 1 design exam for certification.

    Chris Beasley

    Christopher J. Beasley, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Smain

    Smain Guest

    Thanks a lot Chris!

    Smain, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Smain

    Kendal Emery Guest

    He's right, I just looked at http://www.microsoft.com/traincert an more
    specifically, the link from MCSE 2003 that said upgrade from NT 4 or
    http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcse/windows2003/nt.asp

    and it says "
    For an MCSE on Microsoft Windows NT® 4.0, the MCSE credential itself
    satisfies the elective requirement for the Windows ServerT 2003 track,
    putting an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0 one step further down the upgrade path. "

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Dec 17, 2003