    Still no Adaptec 39320 RAID drivers, however. Also no DAT support in
    Backup.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Or Alt-Tab, during install, copy and paste!!!!

    Mark Gillespie, Sep 8, 2006

  3. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    If I remember correctly, you start the upgrade from within Beta2, RC1
    restarts the system and begins the install. You are no longer in Beta2 when
    prompted for the key.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Sep 8, 2006
  4. Mine asked me early on, I could still cut and paste from my original email.

    Mark Gillespie, Sep 8, 2006
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 8, 2006
  6. Larry Hodges

    Guest Guest

    Latecomers to Vista Beta like me will have activated over the phone. I
    certainly didn't write down my key - just entered it as it was dictated to
    me. if I do an upgrade to RC1 (which I'm painfully downloading now) will I
    need to activate again?

    I had to do it verbally because the automated system got many many errors -
    probably because the Guatemalan broadband is pretty rough.

    Colin

    Guest, Sep 9, 2006
  7. Colin Barnhorst, Sep 9, 2006
  8. Larry Hodges

    - Bobb - Guest

    Andre ,

    Should I take that Nutrislim ad banner personally ?

    To confirm, to NOT wipe out my previous install, I'll start RC1 from x64
    Vista Beta2 and then it will reboot.
    Can I then leave ( and have it finish on its own) or do I need to answer
    any questions ?
    I read :
    " my clean install of Vista took around 42 minutes (others have reported
    20 to 30 mins), while the upgrade took a lot more, nearly 5 hours. " (
    for XP)

    Can I expect it to be 5 hours to go from Beta 2 to RC1 ( in which case I
    cannot put off yard work!) or if not what's typical for just this
    upgrade from Beta 2 - any feedback from those that have done it ?

    Thanks for the help
    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Sep 11, 2006
  9. Larry Hodges

    - Bobb - Guest

    Sorry - I was in the wrong group - I found the answer over in Vista

    - Bobb -, Sep 11, 2006