    what updates were software and driver updates were available. Is there anything
    like that out there nowadays to make it easier updating? Thanks.

    , Aug 22, 2007

  2. Guest

    BigFix might be what your looking for.
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/208920 (not sure if this is really the
    file) or if you have to subscribe. (google it)

    BigFix was installed on my gateway system, to do just what your
    asking.

    , Aug 22, 2007

  3. Richard Guest

    There will be no more updates for BigFix Free Consumer Edition from the end
    of this month.

    http://help.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=9

    Richard, Aug 22, 2007
  4. Guest

    I never knew. I like to maintain a semblance of control over my OS :)

    One way is to know what is being installed or updated, I disabled
    BigFix the first day.

    Free Consumer Edition is being discontinued. My Bigfix was installed
    by Gateway and I'm pretty sure they had a contract with them so BigFix
    should still work on those machines.

    It was a try.

    , Aug 22, 2007