Updating MCSE NT to MCSE 2003

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Pungie, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Pungie

    Pungie Guest

    I need to know the best upgrade path to get to MCSE 2003.
    I currently have a MCSE NT4 cert. My 2 electives are
    Exchange 5.5 and TCP/IP. A little old... haha

    I have taken the Win2K Pro and Server exams (70-210 and 70-
    215)

    What is quickest path to upgrading to a MCSE 2003 cert?
    What exams do I need to take?

    I already have material for the Win2K Network
    Infrastructure Exam? Can this count towards my 2003 cert.

    Electives do not appear to be necessary any longer. Is
    this right?

    Last but not least... what is the quickest way to obtain
    my MCP ans MCSE IDs? It's been so long sice I've needed
    them I don't know what they are.

    Thanks for your help.

    Pungie, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Great! It really depends on what you are working with now and what you want
    to do. For you, an easy path is to obtain the MCSA for Windows 2000
    certification. At that point you are qualified to take the 70-292 exam have
    have MCSA for Windows Server 2003. For the MCSE you can take it on either
    platform and it becomes a matter of what platforms you are using and what
    you are most comfortable with. Good luck!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Training and Certification

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jul 29, 2003

  3. Pungie

    Pungie Guest

    Where do I go to update the info on my Microsoft
    Certification Profile?

    It's been so long since I used my Microsoft ID's, I'm not
    sure what they are. How do I find out what my MCP ID # or
    MCSE ID # are?

    I sent an email to Is there a
    quicker way to get my ID #s?

    Pungie, Jul 30, 2003
  4. That would be the quickest way to get it. They should respond to you within
    a day and will be able to provide you that information.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Jul 30, 2003