    to Win 98 SE??

    2) if you don't need to do a clean install, how do you do it?

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Cory Lechner

    Wizard Guest

    Just rename win.com and install from scratch making sure you install in
    the same directory (C:\windows). Clean installs are generally the best
    way to go but in this case it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've
    done this many times.

    Wizard, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Cory Lechner

    Michael-NC Guest

    There is a Win98SE "Update CD" available.

    http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/start-011.htm

    That will keep all your programs intact.

    Alternatively, delete C:\windows in DOS and do a clean install of 98SE, then
    reinstall all your apps.

    Are you sure it's worth the effort to do it?

    Michael-NC, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Cory Lechner

    Trent© Guest

    Just upgrade into the existing Windows directory.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 2, 2003