    Please advise.
    Thanks again,

    Gerry Wolf

    Gerry Wolf, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Gerry Wolf

    why? Guest

    Maybe that's why the value is 0 :)

    That's how an NT class OS identifies paths to the file system. It's from
    the way NT booted off non Intel x86 systems such as RICS/Alpha's.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;102873

    The only bit you need to looking at is issues loading
    \Windows\system32\KDCOM.DLL or whatever caused the error, I haven't seen
    the first post you mention.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Gerry Wolf

    Pennywise Guest

    |>I attempted to run safe mode..not to be, but I get this in addition to the
    |>afore mentioned message regarding loading needed DLLs for Kernel:
    |>
    |>multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    |>multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\system32\hal.dll
    |>multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\system32\KDCOM.DLL
    |>
    |>There...whatg the hell am I to do with this? I don't have multi disks!

    Work with it - the way I see it you've nothing to lose. Edit your
    boot.ini to read:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="XP Pro" /fastdetect
    /NoExecute=OptIn
    C:\="Win98"

    Then of course chose 1 when it boot's up.

    ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll are file errors you get when your registry is
    hosed by the way. If you've done a registry back-up recently you can
    boot up with your old win98 boot disk and copy the files in
    c:\WINDOWS\repair to c:\WINDOWS\system32\config (overwrite or rename
    the files there).This is what the registry repair option does, It's
    just faster this way.

    Pennywise, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Then commenced a most extraordinary conversation.
    I was not really refering to federal prison's.
    A little word of insight doc.

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 16, 2004
  5. Gerry Wolf

    Dodo Guest