Update on trying to install WinXP Home

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Vic, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Vic

    Vic Guest

    I am still trying to install Windows XP home on the XE783 HP Pavilion. I
    checked the Bios revision as it was suggested and it was already at the
    newest available at version 2.10, I also downloaded and tried the Knoppix
    Linux CD and it boots right up. No problems. I have tried a few things
    anyway. I installed different ram (some that I know works from another
    computer) I disabled everything in the bios I could including the Legacy USB
    support, Onboard Audio, Serial, Printer Ports and the floppy. I did try to
    install Win2K pro and it now installs just fine, but when you try to go to
    XP it won't even finish loading setup. I can't even make it to the point to
    format the hard drive but at least it is a different stop message.
    Session3_Initalization_Failed Stop: 0x0000006F
    (0xC0000020,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

    So now I am really making progress (small chuckle) I can install Win2K Pro
    with no problems but can't even get to the recovery console of WinXP Home.
    The combatibility check off of a Win XP Pro disk finds no errors on my
    system.

    Any more thoughts?

    Vic, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Vic

    Harrison Guest

    Sounds to me like there may be a problem with the XP home disk.

    Harrison, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Vic

    Harrison Guest

    One other thing you may want to try.
    Copy the i386 folder from the XP CD to the hard drive and run setup
    from there.

    Harrison, Oct 21, 2003