    Thanks to all who responded with advice.
    Best,
    Seamus J. Wilson

    Sligo, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Sligo

    ICee Guest

    Thanks for the update. That 10 second beep is puzzling, since
    overheating of the CPU usually causes a high/low "siren" type sound. It
    may be Soyo uses a different BIOS than Award (Phoenix), giving a
    different "beep" code for CPU overheating.

    ICee, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Sligo

    Sligo Guest

    Thank you for help.
    Best,
    Seamusj.

    Sligo, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Sligo

    ICee Guest

    You're welcome.

    ICee, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Sligo

    Sligo Guest

    To clarify further, the problem occurred during startup and then shut down
    in 15 or 20 seconds.
    Best,Seamus J.

    Sligo, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Sligo

    ICee Guest

    Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks.

    ICee, Apr 16, 2004
  7. Sligo

    Sligo Guest

    In case anyone is still interested in problem:
    I replaced the cpu heat sink fan on daughter's engine, system starts up and
    runs ok. Thank you for all responses.
    Best,
    Seamus J..

    Sligo, Apr 22, 2004
  8. Sligo

    Sligo Guest

    Yesterday morn I replaced the CPU heat sink fan and starts and runs OK.
    Easy, cheap fix.
    Thanks for all responses.
    Best,
    Seamus J. Wilson