Update on Sea&Sea AquaPix DX-3100 Underwater Camera PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dan, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Earlier I posted to this newsgroup that my recently purchased Sea&Sea
    AquaPix DX-3100 was exhibiting surprisingly poor image quality
    (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dx-3100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
    8&selm=vs1kpu69dhulec%40corp.supernews.com&rnum=1).

    I brought this concern to Sea&Sea's attention and while they were very
    friendly (including getting me a quick replacement DX-3100 to see if my
    particular DX-3100 was defective), it appears that this camera line suffers
    from a design flaw that cannot be fixed. In fact Sea&Sea admits that the
    image quality suffers from pixelation and that Sea&Sea's DX-3000G model
    provides much better image quality.

    So, while I have had a great deal of enjoyment from my Sea&Sea MX-10, I have
    to strongly recommend to anyone reading this message, that they not purchase
    the DX-3100.

    -Dan
    [Emailing me directly requires a switch from '.spam' to '.com' in my
    address]

    Dan, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Bummer.

    I'll suggest the Canon line, or the waterproof Olympus, as starting replacements.
    No pixelation here, not even without a strobe.

    Jason O'Rourke, Dec 9, 2003