    preference keeps getting changed each time I reboot the computer. Now
    how do I get rid of these unwanted pages? Apparently they have
    inserted something into my system files? Thanks.

    harry manka, Oct 19, 2003

  2. harry manka

    Michael-NC Guest

    Michael-NC, Oct 19, 2003

  3. harry manka

    harry manka Guest

    Thank you Michael-NC. I did what you suggested and so far it seems to be working.

    harry manka, Oct 21, 2003
  4. harry manka

    Michael-NC Guest

    That's great. Spybots a good app. I would suggest you use it regularly and
    keep it updated. Inoculating the browser isn't a bad idea either.

    Michael-NC, Oct 21, 2003
  5. harry manka

    Plato Guest

    Agreed. I've been using Sypbot more and more on my personal PC. Oddly, I
    dont chose to install crap by any means, but spybot seems to still find
    crap I've downloaded by accident I guess.

    Plato, Oct 21, 2003
  6. harry manka

    harry manka Guest

    Now I have one more question. I have installed Windows 2000 Advanced
    Server on my PC. The uninst.exe file in my WINNT directory has a virus
    (hilda) in it. My antivirus software won't heal it or delete it. How
    can I get rid of the virus. I have the Server CD but don't know how to
    go about just replacing the virus infected file. Do I need to reload
    the whole Server OS all over again?

    harry manka, Oct 27, 2003