Unwanted Folders Continually Reappearing WXP SP2

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    My HDs are showing on each computer but there's an aditional 10 folders from
    my Notebook, that I'm unable to get rid of in the Notebook and the Desktop,
    My Network Places.
    These appear both in Workgroup\Notebook and are listed after Web Client
    Network along with the HDs.

    I've deleted, using File, Name of Folder, Delete and Right click entry,
    delete, the entries in WExplorer and deleted them at the same time in the
    registry, HKEY_Current_Users and HKEY_Users, WorkgroupCrawler - in both
    computers - at least a dozen times - they reappear on both computers in
    WExplorer, and the registry within minutes.

    For the last three days, I've had the Hard Drives set to Share and made sure
    there aren't any folders set to Share - all folders on the HDs on both
    computers are set to Not Sharing.
    Unfortunately I didn't do this initially which I presume, is the cause of
    these excessive individual folder entries.

    I'm told the only solution is to format or learn to live with the mess. Any
    and all suggestions will be most appreciated. Wireless DSL

    Guest, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I found the solution! Thanks anyway.