    - graphic card: WinFast nVIDIA GeForce Ti4800SE

    regards
    lega

    legato, Sep 8, 2004

  2. legato

    Shel-hed Guest

    The monitor is giving the message, so could you possibly post the monitor model?
    The problem may be fixable by adjusting your display settings to adapter default.
    (reset after playing). Naturally you didn't post your OS, so no cookie for you.

    Shel-hed, Sep 9, 2004

  3. legato

    legato Guest

    thx

    what do you actually mean by "adjusting display settings to adapter
    default"?
    i'd tried to set the monitor's refresh rate, the resolution and the colour
    depth but the problem stays still

    * things i'd also try out before i make this post:
    - install different versions of display card driver(both Leatek's &
    nVIDIA's)
    - install DirectX 9.0c
    - flash BIOS
    - try another display card(GeForce2 MX400, it works...)

    monitor: Gennett NPS555 (maybe you'd never heard about that... a 15" LCD
    anyway)
    OS: WinXP Pro + sp1a

    -lega

    legato, Sep 9, 2004
  4. legato

    Shel-hed Guest

    from
    ----
    Adjust Refresh Rate

    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Display.
    3. On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
    4. On the Adapter tab, under Refresh Rate, select Adapter default.
    5. Click OK, and then click OK again.
    -----

    You may also have to adjust the resolution downward.
    You may have to adjust your settings on the monitor after doing this, I don't know
    because I've never owned an LCD. Make sure to read the manual.
    Also see if you can run the game in a window. You may need to edit a file if you
    can't do this directly in the game.

    Shel-hed, Sep 9, 2004