    state that, indeed, they noticed that connections were unstable with Windows
    98.
    Paul.

    Guest, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Paul,
    what model of netcard have you used, with which additional software
    (Funk Odissey? Utility that come with the card?)
    and what are security settings of the hotspot (fully open, WEP, WPA...)
    Is your win98 the Second edition or earlier version?

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 23, 2004

  3. Guest

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Well the way I see it there is two solutions.

    1.. The Provider makes it his business that their system is compliable
    with Win98.
    2.. You upgrade to WinXP. (If your Laptop is lacking the resources for
    WinXP may be Win2000 is the solution).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 23, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Jack,
    Thank you for the suggestions. But do you know (or does Microsoft know) WHY
    Wi-Fi connections are unstable with Windows 98 ? The 811g protocol should be
    platform-independent . An what can explain that some hotspots are more
    unsyable than others ?
    Regards.

    Guest, Oct 24, 2004