    I tried to do the factory default sequence by power on, holding the #, then
    123456789*0# but no luck, is there some other way to recover a password
    locked 7960 to reset and restore to sccp?

    swpa, Aug 1, 2009

  2. swpa

    Morph Guest

    http://voipwg.netacad.sk/node/87

    Morph, Aug 1, 2009

  3. swpa

    swpa Guest

    Thank you, I been through this sequence and no joy.

    Still won't unlock. Tried the default cisco password also

    I do the following sequence

    press * 6 settings all together, then hold the #

    Headseat Mute Speaker slowly and sequentially light, in which I enter
    123456789*0#

    Phone displays person name "Tim Weber" and ethernet disconnected. I cannot
    get pass this and all settings are grayed on on the menu.

    At one point do you press the # and enter the 123.. sequence. No matter
    what variation I use it goes into the normal boot. My lights headset go
    green for about 30 second then the mute goes red for thirty seconds the
    speaker quickly flashes then the phone starts booting it's locked config.

    Reset (power-cycle) your phone (you can do it by pressing " * + 6 + Settings
    " at the same time), and hold the pound ( # ) key. The phone's display will
    show you a text "Reset key sequence detected" and the Headset, Mute and
    Speaker leds will blink in cycle. Now just press the following keys: " 1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 * 0 # ". Now the phone will ask you if you want to save your
    network configuration. If you have a DHCP enabled network then you can
    safely press the key "2 - No". And that's all. You phone will boot up with
    its factory defaults configuration.

    swpa, Aug 2, 2009
  4. swpa

    Trendkill Guest

    I'm guessing you tried cisco123 as the password?

    Trendkill, Aug 2, 2009
  5. swpa

    swpa Guest

    I have several links to reset a SIP 7960 phone back to reset, and have tried
    the reset sequence several times and varied the timings, but these phones
    will not accept the reset sequence, would something else be preventing the
    phones from accepting the reset sequence such as firmware?

    I'm guessing you tried cisco123 as the password?

    swpa, Aug 2, 2009
  6. swpa

    Trendkill Guest

    Have you tried cisco123 as the password to unlock the config (not
    talking about the reset sequence)? Its the default that I know of.

    Trendkill, Aug 2, 2009
  7. swpa

    swpa Guest

    Yes, I tried both cisco and cisco123 from the menu and get invalid
    password. This is on the unlock config menu.

    I have reset both SIP and SCCP phones before, I don't recall it being this
    sensitive to a factory reset sequence entry and timing. I followed to a T
    the Cisco instructions on resetting sccp and sip 7900 series phones and
    googled other links and get the same instructions.

    The headset speaker mute lights do no do the normal flashing they intitiall
    all quickly flash together, then the green speaker comes on for about a long
    30 seconds, then the red mute comes on for a long 30 seconds, then the
    yellow speaker quickly flashes and starts to boot. I never get the Keep
    network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no prompt and the screen is blank while the before
    mentions light sequence is taking place. Again after I repower the phone
    either by pulling the cord or doing the * 6 setting sequence which
    immediately works, I hold the # key, get the three light together quickly
    flash then the green light come on in which at this time I am entering the
    123456789*0# sequence and see the blank display.

    swpa, Aug 2, 2009
  8. swpa

    Trendkill Guest

    When you hold the # key, does it prompt you with: "Reset key sequence
    detected"? I'm doing some googling as well, this looks like a tough
    one.

    Trendkill, Aug 2, 2009
  9. swpa

    Trendkill Guest

    And this is the instructions you are following? You are holding the
    pound key down when you give the device power?

    So you have a phone with a unknown password and the dhcp set to a
    wacky ip , the obvious thing to do is a factory reset - but the method
    has changed - so if you are getting nowhere with a phone try:

    Hold down the # key, and plug in the power cable. When the message
    "Reset Key Sequence Detected" appears on the LCD, release the # key,
    and the three LED's (headset/mute/speaker), will start flashing.

    The you need to enter the code:

    123456789*0#

    http://daniel.jp/joomla/info/cisco-ip-phones/factory-reset-of-cisco-7960-7940.html

    Trendkill, Aug 2, 2009
  10. swpa

    Trendkill Guest

    And any chance a key is broken or not being recognized? All the
    things I'm finding say the sequence is what you are doing, so I'm
    wondering if this is a simple problem. Are you having the issue with
    other 7960s, or just one?

    Trendkill, Aug 2, 2009
  11. swpa

    swpa Guest

    I bought two phones both with the same network settings, both do not accept
    the reset. I power off held down the # and the screen goes blank, light
    flash in a slow sequence and it goes into boot even if I never let up on the
    # key.

    with the Cisco marquee
    configurng vlan
    requesting configuration
    Your current option
    http connection closed

    if I press setting it is locked, and grayed out but able to see all IP info
    is statically assigned.

    The Firmware Versions

    Application Load ID POM3-04-4-00

    Boot Load PC03A300

    The ebay selling says he will take them back and refund, but he says he
    never run into this problem with the phones he sold in the past for both sip
    and skinny. I am trying some google searching as well and searching Cisco
    from my cco account and not turning up anything but the standard SIP 7900
    phone reset sequence.

    They don't look like they were asterik rejects, they have all the MGCP
    gateway statically assigned and a bunch of other settings set.

    swpa, Aug 2, 2009
  12. swpa

    swpa Guest

    I googled and nothing, same set of reset sequences.

    swpa, Aug 2, 2009