Unknown devices

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I installed the trial version of Windows XP Pro 64 bit, updated the device
    drivers for my 6800GT, nforce4 chipset, Logitech desktop, LCD monitor and
    Sound Blaster 2 ZS and installed NOD for Windows 64 bit.

    But under System there are still two unconfigured devices named "PCI Input
    Device" and "Unknown device". I tried to find out what are these misterious
    devices, by comparing it with the System of my Windows XP Pro 32 bit, but
    can't figure out what these devices can be. Windows and applications work
    well.

    My configuration:

    AMD Athlon 3500+ Socket 939
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    1024 MB RAM (2*512 Kingston modules PC3200)
    Geforce 6800GT PCI Express
    Seagate Barracuda NCQ SATA15 200 GB (two disks not in RAID)
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Logitech LX700 Desktop
    19" LCD HP L1955

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    There are two links in the page: The first "ACPI x64.zip" file doesn't
    work anymore, and the second "Probe22306.zip" isn't correct for my
    hardware, because when I try to launch the setup file I get the
    following message:

    "The image file F:\Probe22306\PC Probe\SETUP.EXE is valid, but is for
    a machine type other than the current machine."

    If look under "Details" tab the following information is displayed:

    For "PCI Input Device"

    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00401102&REV_04\4&13699180&0&3148

    For the "Unknown Device"

    ACPI\ATK0110\1010110

    One of the devices is ACPI Utility, but I'm wondering what the second could
    be.
    The only device on PCI bus in my computer is the Audigy 2, my graphic card
    is on
    PCI Express bus.

    Any suggestion.

    Guest, Aug 19, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Mitja:
    For For "PCI Input Device"
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00401102&REV_04\4&13699180&0&3148
    This is your SoundBlaster Joystick Gameport.
    Driver should be included in your Soundcard installation disk.
    However, there might be a conflict with the built-in gameport in your ASUS
    motherboard.

    For the "Unknown Device"
    ACPI\ATK0110\1010110
    Look in your motherboard installation disk in:
    D:\Software\AIBooster\Acpi64\win2000
    Decorate the inf file and install the driver.

    Regards.
    Carlos

    Guest, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your help Carlos. Thanks to you I have successfully installed the
    SoundBlaster Joystick Gameport. For the ACPI device I hope you will excuse my
    poor english, but what do you mean with "Decorate the inf file and install the
    driver." Can you explain how to decorate the inf file.

    Thanks again.

    Mitja

    Guest, Aug 19, 2005
  7. If it transfers, this is the properly decorated file.

    These are the entries in the ATK2000 Setup Information file that have to be
    changed by adding NTamd64.

    [Manufacturer]
    %ATK%=ATK,NTamd64

    [ATK.NTamd64]
    %DeviceDesc1%=DriverInstall,ACPI\ATK0110

    The NTamd64 is the decoration.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 19, 2005
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Mitja:
    Copy the three files in D:\Software\AIBooster\Acpi64\win2000 to a temporary
    folder in your hard disk.
    Edit ATK2000.INF according to Colin recommendations and save it.
    Go to device manager, right click on the unknown device and choose update
    driver.
    Follow the on-screen instructions guiding the installation to the folder
    where the edited inf file resides.
    Good luck.
    Carlos

    Guest, Aug 19, 2005