University of Plymouth Computing Industry Perception Study

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Andy, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    First of all, can I reassure you that this posting is NOT spam and not
    market research. Please feel free to email me at the address below to
    check/validate this message prior to doing the survey if you wish.

    I'm doing a piece of research looking at industry perceptions of computing
    graduates. The
    motivation behind this work is that I know a lots of academics who claim to
    know what industry wants, and lots of people in the industry who tell me
    that academics have no idea what it is like to work in the real world, but
    no-one seems to talk across the "great divide". So, I thought the probably
    the best way to assess industry perception was to ask people!

    For part of this research I wish to carry out a small survey to measure
    attitude by those
    who work in industry and have dealings with or work with computing graduates
    and also recent computing graduates who are now working in industry.

    If you can help, can you have a look at the survey at:

    http://ted.see.plymouth.ac.uk/andyhandouts/surveys/industrysurvey.aspx

    While I am placed in a UK institute that fact that we are working more to
    produce international graduates means I am interested in both UK and non-UK
    respondents.Could you also pass it on to anyone else you work with/know who
    might like to contribute to the survey.

    Many thanks

    Dr. Andy Phippen
    Senior Lecturer in Computing
    School of Computing, Communications and Electronics
    Faculty of Technology
    University of Plymouth

    Andy, Jun 26, 2004