    4.6.00.0045 or higher.

    But although 4.6.00.0045 does work, DNS is very, very slow for both
    through-tunnel and external lookups, like >5 sec per query/response.

    Eric Sorenson, Jan 6, 2005

  2. To answer my own question, this is caused by a problem with ipv6
    being enabled by default. To fix, unless you really need ipv6 support,
    do

    echo "NETWORKING_IPV6=no" >> /etc/sysconfig/network
    echo "alias ipv6 off" >> /etc/modprobe.conf
    echo "alias net-pf-10 off" >> /etc/modprobe.conf

    and reboot...

    Eric Sorenson, Jan 24, 2005