    Those two characteristics make this site a simple quick way to find the
    best programs along with a bit more than just software.

    http://bearbottoms1.com

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 20, 2006

  2. From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | There are lot's of good freeware sites out there, however, this one is a
    | bit unique in two ways.

    < snip >

    There is NOTHING unique in this spam !

    David H. Lipman, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    It's only SPAM if your selling something...I don't sell anything. This
    site is simply FREE and I think well organized.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 20, 2006
  4. From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | It's only SPAM if your selling something...I don't sell anything. This
    | site is simply FREE and I think well organized.

    It is spam because it was NOT requested information and your posting it all over the place !

    The fact that objects on the web site has no bearing on its being spam.

    Please refrain from spamming a web site to merely increase the number of "hits".

    David H. Lipman, Sep 20, 2006
  5. Bear Bottoms

    Jim Watt Guest

    But its YOUR site and you are shoving it in our faces and this
    newsgroup is about COMPUTER SECURITY not freeware or websites
    so you are a spammer, the lowest of the low, and when someone
    tells you nicely you want to argue ?

    Jim Watt, Sep 20, 2006
  6. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Who cares about hits. I get nothing for them. This is a free offering of
    help.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 20, 2006
  7. From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | Who cares about hits. I get nothing for them. This is a free offering of
    | help.

    And it is still spam. If I want Free Comodo software, I'll go to their web site.
    http://www.personalfirewall.trustix.com/

    Now if someone posted a query looking for a web site about free security software and you
    replyed, that would be a whole different matter. That's not the case here, you are clearly
    spamming the web site.

    David H. Lipman, Sep 20, 2006
  8. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    The definition of spam is purposely vague because everybody has his or her
    own definition. As it currently stands, spam is in the eye of the beholder.

    In this case, my post is relevant to the ng, as I target security progs and
    offer progs that really stand out, along with a lot more. It is a helpful
    site, only that and I get nothing.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 20, 2006
  9. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    I'm not arguing...I made a simple post...that's it. You should check out
    my suggestions for a security suite on the site...and the online virus
    scans, and the free tech support forums, all suggestions which goes a bit
    beyond the simple listing of programs. I like suggestions as to the
    quality of choices.

    It is a simple offering of effort.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 20, 2006
  10. Bear Bottoms

    Percival Guest

    I don't find the website is spam, if you want to say that it is badly
    designed or the links suck, then fine, but there is no selling and there
    is not even advertisements where money could be made.

    The website contains links that maybe of interest, maybe you know all
    products there already but not everyone, and as far as I can see he
    did not crosspost.

    And on everysingle post you have this two websites as a signature, that
    probably is more spam than his single one group advert which by they way
    is as much on topic as your websites in the signature.

    I reccomend from now on he puts his website at the bottom of his signature
    on everysingle post so people like you stop moaning.

    Percival, Sep 21, 2006
  11. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Thanks Percival, I will take your advice. I'm really not trying to harm
    anyone. I'm putting a lot of effort into finding the top freeware progs
    out there and making those findings available to all...I get nothing.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006
  12. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    How is that Perci?

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006
  13. For you it's in the eye of 'X-Complaints-To: ', as done.

    Anyway, it's SPAM because you're not discussion anything or posting
    relevant content.
    Don't you think it's utterly stupid to download or just get linked to
    downloads by a random unknown website?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Sep 21, 2006
  14. Bear Bottoms

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Well I for one like it and found some useful links. Thanks.

    Rick Merrill, Sep 21, 2006
  15. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Ah, great question. All of the links at the site go to the home of the
    product or trusted download sites. However, a point in safe surfing as
    described at my site is to use "Sandboxie" when you go to 'unknown' sites
    until you decide if it is trusted. This is a must IMO. Tips like this and
    others will help a lot of people. Of course you can also use a Phishing
    prog, have your security updates current, a good firewall, a good
    anti-virus prog, a good active realtime defense prog...(a good security
    suite) and you should be armed to explore a bit. I list all of this and
    more.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006
  16. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Your very welcome and thank you so much. Anything you could help me on
    that would help others would be appreciated always. This is an effort to
    help...that is all.

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006
  17. So, how can someone verify that it doesn't go to some phishing site with
    similar or completely different but compelling website?
    Useless, because it's trivial to break out of this container, it really
    isn't a sandbox by design. And only fools would even think of using MSIE on
    the internet, which it was never designed for and is even documented to be
    trivially exploitable. Better use a webbrowser.
    The number of trustworthy sites is about zero, as almost any includes
    third-party content.
    This is a "Stupid, don't ever do so!" IMO.

    Phishing is a social, not a technical problem, and common tools to help
    with filtering obviously invalid content are normally called
    "anti-phishing".
    What a shit?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Sep 21, 2006
  18. Bear Bottoms

    Brian Guest

    Just a "heads up" your website is wrong in your signature, you forgot
    the "1"

    Brian

    Brian, Sep 21, 2006
  19. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Well, my recommendation to you would be to unplug your cat 5 :)

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006
  20. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Thanks, I saw and fixed that :)