    Is it possible to uninstall the MSBBN ? I am not sure I truly have a need for
    it and my second computer does not show on the list. I use a wired network.
    Greatfully appreciate whatever help I can get.

    sr pucher, Oct 31, 2007

  2. sr pucher

    Chris H Guest

    Chris H, Nov 1, 2007

  3. sr pucher

    sr pucher Guest

    Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunatley it does not appear in add/remove
    programs. In fact in the 'program files/ MSBN' folder there is not even an
    uninstall application. If I were to delete the folder, restart, and then run
    a registry fixer, would that maybe do it?
    thank you.
    sr

    sr pucher, Nov 2, 2007
  4. sr pucher

    Chris H Guest

    Are you positive it is actually installed? The basic framework may be
    there, without it being installed.

    You can circumvent the MSBN entirely anyway by going into manually managing
    your Local Area Network by simply opening your browser and putting in the IP
    address of your router. Since you're wired, and not wireless, having
    Windows manage your connection (Properties of the wireless connection, then
    Wireless Networks tab, check box at the top Use Windows to configure my
    wireless settings) doesn't really do much for you.

    Just for information, there's a Microsoft Knowledge Base article on updating
    the base station firmware:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/814445 Unfortunately, it has
    been so long since I used the MSBN that I don't recall the exact name listed
    in Add or Remove Programs.

    Oh, and something else you might do to kill it if it is installed is go to
    Start/Run and type in "msconfig" without the quotation marks, and when the
    System Configuration Utility launches go to the Startup tab. Remove the
    check mark from the entry for the MSBN program, OK or Apply/OK and then
    restart your computer.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Nov 2, 2007
  5. sr pucher

    sr pucher Guest

    THANKS FOR THE TIPS. I'M NOT SURE IF IT WAS 'INSTALLED'. I DELETED AS MANY
    FOLDERS THAT I COULD FIND WITH REFERENCE TO MSBN THEN RESTARTED AND IT IS
    GONE AT LAST.
    SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN REPLY, I'VE BEEN OTHERWISE OCCUPIED

    sr pucher, Nov 10, 2007
  6. sr pucher

    Chris H Guest

    Chris H, Nov 12, 2007