Uninstalling Ad-Aware 2007

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ncapo6545, Jun 27, 2007.

  1. ncapo6545

    ncapo6545 Guest

    I've been using Ad-Aware 2007 for a few months and I want to uninstall
    it to get a new anti-spyware program that actually works and is not as
    resource intensive.
    But, Windows has made it hard for me....

    http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3555/adawareerrorco9.png.

    Some more info about my computer, version of ad aware, etc.

    Application Version: Ad-Aware 2007 7.0.1.4 from C|Net.com Link
    Operating System Version: Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    Computer Specifications: Dell Dimension 4300 / About 5 years old, has
    never has a problem until installing ad-aware 2007.

    Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Internet Explorer 7.0 (current
    system default) Installed
    Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus (came with my Comcast internet service)
    Other Anti-Spyware Software: None yet, until I solve this problem.

    ncapo6545, Jun 27, 2007

  2. ncapo6545

    SgtMinor Guest

    Check this out: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28

    Just out of curiosity what program are you thinking of replacing AdAware
    with? The one that actually works.

    SgtMinor, Jun 27, 2007

  3. ncapo6545

    iamaom9 Guest

    I was thinking about Spybot Search & Destroy, people were saying good
    things about it.

    iamaom9, Jun 28, 2007
  4. ncapo6545

    SgtMinor Guest

    AdAware and SpyBot may have some overlap but they target two different
    problems: popup ads vs spyware. Many people use both and have a
    software firewall like ZoneAlarm installed too. If it were my system I
    would not uninstall AdAware.

    SgtMinor, Jun 29, 2007