    programs. I can not recall the name of the program or where I found it. I
    have tried to locate it on the Microsoft site but must be using the wrong
    word to search. Any help.

    Jer, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Jer

    John Holmes Guest

    I've heard about such a program. I believe it's called regedit.

    John Holmes, Dec 31, 2005

  3. You could delete the folder, clean up the registry and try installing it
    again.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Jer

    Thip Guest

    Windows Install Clean Up?

    Thip, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Jer

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Jer spewed forth:
    That probably wasn't from MS - I've never seen or heard of anything like
    that from them. It was most likely something like CCleaner.exe, CleanSweep,
    or similar. But as Brian mentioned, you can do most of that manually and
    then try again.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 31, 2005
  6. Jer

    fred-bloggs Guest

    RegClean?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299958
    The RegClean utility is no longer supported and has been removed from all
    Microsoft download sites.

    fred-bloggs, Dec 31, 2005
  7. Jer

    old jon Guest

    That`s true Fred, but can still be obtained here.
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,4666,RSS,RSS,00.asp
    best wishes, and a HNY..OJ

    old jon, Dec 31, 2005
  8. Jer

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In
    It is, however, available at lots of other sites around the world.

    Bert Hyman, Dec 31, 2005
  9. Jer

    fred-bloggs Guest

    er..thanks OJ...however it is likely that RegClean actually *caused* the
    OP's problem (read the MS url).

    fred-bloggs, Dec 31, 2005
  10. Jer

    Jer Guest

    This was the program I needed. It worked great! Thanks

    Jer, Dec 31, 2005