    Real player. Can it be reinstalled and then find the uninstaller?
    I seem to remember something to that effect.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 20, 2004

  2. joevan

    Harrison Guest

    As long as the same version (RealOne, etc.) is installed, it should work.
    I'd also go back through the program files folder and use RegCleanr to be sure it gets out completely.

    Harrison, Feb 20, 2004

  3. joevan

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    Always had trouble with installation of real player and setup. If it
    conflicts with other "players" they have some conflict also trying to
    "capture" extensions. I know it won't hurt anything to reinstall and attempt
    to uninstall. Remember, removing a registry entry is not the same as
    uninstalling.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Aggg, I ran setup from the real file and reinstalled overwriting the
    original. Same message Uninstaller component missing.
    I am beginning if they even allow it to be uninstalled. Any other
    ideas anyone.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 20, 2004
  5. joevan

    Harrison Guest

    I wonder if they still include the g2cln.exe file?
    Search for it and double-click it if it's there.

    Harrison, Feb 20, 2004
  6. joevan

    Tommy Halnet Guest

    Try uninstalling from add/remove.
    Try the RegCleaner. I suggest RegCleaner 4.3:
    http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm
    or
    RegSeeker:
    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
    use the uninstall tab, if that doesn't work use startup tab to disable
    unwanted items

    I am posting this at the bottom because MS doesn't know what it is doing,
    and so you will see it immediately upon opening this message.

    Tommy Halnet, Feb 20, 2004
  7. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Didn't see that but, r1pclean was there just above the setup.exe.
    I clicked it and the dos window Command whatever opened and asked if
    ya want to get rid of the bloody stuff. Y boom. gone.
    Thanks for the clue.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 20, 2004
  8. joevan

    Harrison Guest

    Outstanding!

    Harrison, Feb 20, 2004
  9. joevan

    olfart Guest

    No I didn't see your reply without scrolling down to it - however-
    if you are going to continue using this newsgroup (by the way - welcome) it
    would be a good idea to bottom post since there are those here who obviously
    don't have much of a life outside of this group and get what ever
    gratification they need being *netcops*. There have always been pros and
    cons to top or bottom posting and you won't be sent to Newsgroup Hell if you
    pick the Top. When following a post with many threads I prefer to see the
    latest post (reply) at the top since I already know what's been posted
    before and don't have to scroll down through tons of repeat text that hasn't
    been snipped - but I usually try to conform to the established method for a
    particular newsgroup. I visit several groups that generally top post and it
    is a relief not to have to scroll through 5 or 6k of old crap just to see
    the latest reply which in many cases by that time is usually

    *Thanks* or *LOL*

    olfart, Feb 20, 2004