    swap them over. With uniden phone disconnected and an old "corded"
    phone, there's no problem. It seems to me that it must be an issue with
    the Uniden phone. Is this a known issue with some Uniden phones?

    Me, Mar 12, 2011

  2. Me

    PeeCee Guest

    Can't say I've heard of problems with Unidens, but I have heard of some
    Panasonic models that wouldn't work on Broadband enabled lines so your
    conclusion is quite possible. From what you have described you have
    pretty well diagnosed the Uniden is 'incompatible' with your
    modem(s)/filter(s) (aka splitter(s))

    FWIW you could try double stacking the filters, ie put another filter
    into the phone outlet of the filter plugged into the wall and plug the
    Undien into the second filter.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Mar 13, 2011

  3. Me

    Possible Guest

    Yes been there done that Utter Crap, go for Panasonic 1.8Gig then no
    problem with WiFi..

    Possible, Mar 13, 2011
  4. Me

    Richard Guest

    Who said there was a problem with wifi? IME, swap to a panasonic dect
    and you will have problems with the range instead.

    Richard, Mar 13, 2011
  5. Me

    Me Guest

    Thanks - that seems to have fixed it. ADSL light on router still
    flutters a bit when phone is in use, but it doesn't drop the internet
    connection and still works at reasonable speed.

    Me, Mar 13, 2011
  6. Me

    Me Guest

    Correct - it's not a wifi / 2.4 ghz problem.
    I do have a Panasonic 1.8 ghz dect 2 phone system (I'm a quake refugee -
    it's sitting in a carton in storage), and the range on that seemed
    particularly excellent.

    There is an issue with this particular Uniden phone. Peecee's
    suggestion to run a second splitter in series on the line to the phone
    has worked.

    Me, Mar 13, 2011
  7. Me

    Possible Guest

    Utter Bollocks.

    I did a Full test on a 2.4G Uniden phone long range phone Wdect
    againt's a Panasonic 1.8G one, both would only work to 2 houses away.

    Both phones were mounted high up to get the best rage from there Antenna

    Plus the Microwave caused problem with the Uniden, I also tried to get
    some help from Uniden regarding a Phone that seems to need a Factory
    Reset, I got None..

    WiFi 2.4G, Microwave Ovens 2.4G, Dect Phones 2.4G, its that Simple.

    Possible, Mar 13, 2011
  8. Me

    Richard Guest

    And yet I find here that house to garage - philips dect messenger phone
    - slightly spotty but works ok. uniden 2.4GHz wdect - works fine.
    Panasonic dect - out of range warning as soon as the garage door is in
    the way.

    Microwave has minimal effect on it, I have to be standing right infront
    of it to have any effect.

    Wifi has no effect on it, and it seems it has minimal effect on wifi.
    Seems pings become a little worse with the phone being used, but wifi is
    so shit anyway that its hard to tell.

    Richard, Mar 14, 2011